Friday, April 22, 2011

Read 'ems

When I find a series or book I really like and want to share words may not suffice. Instead I will resort to enthusiastic pointing and simple instructions, hence the title of this post: Read 'ems. Simple enough, right?

I finally have my copy of Defiance, which I can't wait to start reading.

This is one of my favorite YA-series. I would totally, enthusiastically recommend it!

Start with Strange Angels, which takes a little bit to find it's pace, but once you move onto the second book you'll be hooked. There's a lot of inner-monologue, but it gets better and Dru is ahead of most girls in paranormal YA fiction. Plus there's Graves, who helps Dru navigate her new life and he pretty much makes this series for me.

The second in the series is Betrayals where Dru has to deal with many of the truths that were kept from her. I like that the author doesn't solve things in a matter of chapters and Dru is allowed to show some depth, be stubborn and mulish in a way that's realistic.

Jealousy is full of fun Graves scenes, oh and some other stuff I'm sure...

The last in the series, Reckoning is sure to be the cat's meow and we only have to wait until November. However I would have to mention...just say no to the Count Chocula jacket and bad highlights, plus the unintentionally hilarious dude in the corner!

Now I'm off to spend time with Defiance!

No comments: