Friday, April 8, 2011

Faefever (Fever, #3)Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Okay, I'm going to say just how much I liked this book, but first I've got to go into what keeps this book (and series) from being 100% for me. It's the skeevy feeling that always seems to accompany any of Moning's male characters. Whether it be the blatantly obvious death-by-sex fae V'lane (ugh, I don't like that name either) to the massively testosterone-laden Barrons who goes from faintly intimidating to absolutely freaking ridiculous in the span of a few moments. Moning has the ability to ramp up the emotions and I've loved following Mac's changes, but it gets dashed to the side after it follows with some kind of pent-up lustful scene where Barrons acts like an ass and on some level it turns Mac on, no thanks.
The plot picked up the pace significantly in this one which I was very happy to see. We get the answers to some questions which in turn leave us asking even more, just the way I like it! I also like the doom and gloom because I am so tired, TIRED of the damsel in distress. I like to see Mac working angles and realizing that's she's got to look out for numero uno if she wants to live through this.
All in all, I'm stoked to get my hands on the next one. I'm happy to have started this series later, because she has some hellacious cliffhangers for endings. However I'm still not happy with her relationship with Barrons and I have a feeling that this will be something I'll have to get used to not liking, as alpha asshole guys seem to be her forte.

Copy Source: Library

No comments: