Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Vampire VossThe Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


***Review copy provided for free from NetGalley***
Anticipated Release Date: April 1st




Voss is part of the Draculia, men and women passed over judgement of Death by God because of a bargain with Lucifer. Forced to bare Lucifer's mark as a testament of their agreement, they 'live', but there is also a war brewing amongst their factions. Voss has returned to England with the purpose of retrieving some very valuable information: which of the Woodmore sisters possess the Sight. If he can glean the right information he's set.

I liked Voss, against my better judgement, almost immediately. He lives a life full of gluttony, but when you're going to live forever he feels there's really nothing else to fill the void of time. Angelica, our trusty heroine, was also refreshing. Lately, I've been very unimpressed with PNR heroines, because they swing to either side of the pendulum, sugary-sweet and innocent, or ass-kicking woman that doesn't take any prisoners. Angelica on the other hand has common sense along with not taking herself too seriously. It was a nice change of pace! Plus her reaction to the truth about Voss is what I've been looking to read, and that's all I'll say about that! ;)

Yet even with all of the things I did like about this story I was a bit disappointed with convenient resolutions to some of the problems. I thought it could have been fleshed out a bit more than black and white.

Definitely recommended for fans of PNR looking for something a cut above the rest. It was great historical romance, but with vampires! I know I'll be continuing with this series.

No comments: