Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2) by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


First, I just have to say I totally love this cover, it's just so dreamy, Grease-esque. Anywho, with this installment we move from Alex to Carlos. Carlos is forced to live with Alex in Colorado after he gets into some trouble in Mexico. He meets Kiara and the fun begins.

Alex has some of the same problems that his brother dealt with as far as gangs are concerned, but with more opportunities that were not available to Alex. I think this one is much too similar in structure to Perfect Chemistry, but it's still a good fluff read.

Also, I may not be a teenage boy, but Carlos didn't really strike me as acting realistically for what Elkeles was trying to portray. It was nice, but there was never really anything Carlos was guilty of doing for being such a bad-boy. Maybe everything was a little too sugar-coated, which isn't bad, but it's not exactly good, either.

A simplistic story overall, but one that was worth the time. If you liked Perfect Chemistry, it's more of the same.

Copy Source: Ebook purchased

No comments: