Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dark Descendant (Descendants, #1)Dark Descendant (Descendants, #1) by Jenna Black

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I can say I was honestly surprised by how much I loved this story. I liked the author's other adult series, but it didn't really wow me and I haven't continued with it. When I heard she had a new story out related to mythology I was hopeful yet again because I'm a sucker for anything related to mythology (Greek, in particular). I'm happy to say this one hit all the right notes for me and Nikki Glass is now one of my fav UF heroines right up there with Kate and Mercy. She had the strength and courage to do what she needed to do, even if she did think she's a 'bleeding heart'.

I recommend this one if you like your UF a little on the grittier side (because honestly, where else should it be if you're playing around with immortals) if your playing around with the stuff of legends. I loved the basis of the plot and the world-building was superb. I will be hard-pressed to wait for the next in the series.

No comments: