Saturday, March 26, 2011

CloakedCloaked by Alex Flinn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


If you loved Beastly you'll probably have no qualms with this one. Johnny is a shoe-repairer helping his mother with the struggling family business in Miami and when the beautiful princess Victoriana asks for his help in recovering her brother-turned-frog, he starts the adventure of his life.

This one had many different fairy tales blended into the story. At times it was too much and the story felt cluttered and just plain silly. This may not be a problem with readers not familiar with the older classics. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the paper-thin characterizations and rambling plot.

I would recommend this one to those looking for something light and silly, even though to me it seemed like empty calories. I'm sure others will find its charm endearing.

Copy Source: Library

No comments: